Thursday, July 23, 2009

Red, Right, Returning.

I've been home for a month now. Not a day goes by that I don't think of South Africa, and I'm sure that anyone who has studied abroad can relate to that.  I miss the beautiful landscapes, the wildlife at every turn, the incredible cultural experiences, but most of all, I miss the people.  I still have yet to post the blog I've been working on about Walmer Township, but I'm going to try to finish that up in the next week and get it posted.

On a lighter note, some of the American girls I met at Annie's Cove and I have decided to meet up in N.Y.C. for New Year's Eve, and I am thrilled about that.  Until then, it's back up to Oxford in a week to work at the library (for the coming year, at least) and see where to go from here. Grad school? Government program like AmeriCorps? Who knows.

Anyway, one of the things I've done since I've been home is go out on dad's sailboat, "Gypsy Soul." Here are some pictures of our adventure from Pascagoula (on the Escatawpa River) to Sand Island this past Sunday.


Father's Day: Checking on the boat on the way home from the airport


Mom and Dad- Father's Day 2009



The sail on Gypsy Soul


Captain Starr


Sand Island


Sunset over the Escatawpa River


Just in Time: The sun was setting behind the boats just as we pulled into the dock in 'Goula

No comments: